Last time, I have refreshed up some terms which are very important for any online business. Basically, SEO runs on many concepts that keep on revolving but these are some basics which you must learn and understood to make you equipped with SEO fundas while doing your business.
- Is an advanced Link building tactic which you can directly apply into your site. It is basically the use of no follow tag on the internal links to lead the flow of pagerank through your website. It simply uses the no follow on a link which makes the pagerank attributed to the link widely distributed to the other links on that page.
- It is basically the title of a web page and treated as one of the crucial factors among Google search algorithms. Of course it must be unique and has main keywords of your page. It is also present on the browser while you navigate the page.
- Just like the Title Tag, Meta tags are considered important to provide search engines more information regarding the content of the page. Meta tags are not obvious and seen through the eyes of the human visitors as it is placed inside the HTML code.
- It is the deciding body of the search engine that reveals the most relevant pages for any search inquiry. It has large scoring basis adding up to 200 including title tag, content, Meta tag, etc just for Google alone.
- Google has a Sandbox, a detach index to place its newly founded websites. When your site is placed on the sandbox, you are not visible to the search results of the search engines. After verification of Google and it sees that your site is legitimate, it will be placed to the main index to make you searchable in the search engines.
- The formula of keyword density of a particular page equals to the number of times the keyword was used over the total numbers of words in the particular page. In the early days of SEO, Google places heavy importance on the keyword density but not now.
- Since in the early days of SEO, keyword density is a trend, webmasters started filling up plenty of keywords in a page to artificially increase the page ranking. But today, it is not the practice as it would even penalized you for doing that.
- This illegal or spam SEO practice could get you penalized or even banned by the search engines. It is the manner where the webmasters use the same web page to show various web contents to human visitors and to search engines for the purpose of getting high page ranking for particular keyword by using incoming traffic to promote products and services.
- It is also termed as spider or bot. Web crawler is a computer program that navigates the web to find new links and new pages. It is the initial step on the indexation procedure.
- Duplicate Content as the word implies having two contents that completely matches or is similar on domains. Avoid duplicating content as it can also get you penalized!
- Canonicalization is the process of standardizing data which has more than one possible representation. It refers to the standard URL which is used to access the specific page in your site.
- It informs the search spiders or bots about the frame of a website. It is located in the root of the domain.
Do you still have any SEO terms that I have not discussed here? If you have, you are free to share it so we can all learn and wind up our SEO stock concepts…I hope you enjoyed reading this part as well as the first part of this blog. I hope you have a clearer and better understanding of how SEO works on your business.
For more information please visit us @ www.spiderswatch.com, or call us at +91-999-965-8191 to speak with one of our Internet Marketing Experts.